Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Art of Singlehood: Chapter 14

The Final Chapter
It’s been quite a while since I’ve written here in the blog, mainly because life has just become extremely busy, and I just haven’t had the time to compose a new entry every week like I once did. Hopefully, I can get back into the pattern one of these days. As far as The Art of Singlehood goes, I’ve really wrestled with where I should go with the next chapter. Some of you may know that I’ve been dating a wonderful woman from Ashland, OH, but fewer of you probably know our latest news. We’re engaged!!! About a week and a half ago, I took Crystal to Kingwood Center, her favorite park in Mansfield, and as we stood in front of a flower lined fountain, I placed on her finger the symbol of my enduring love, a diamond ring. I told her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, and then I asked her to marry me... to which she responded, “Of course!!”

We are both so grateful to God for bringing us together. I can’t think of a more lovely and Godly woman to call my fiance, and my soon-to-be wife. So, who would think... the guy who’s written for years about singlehood is actually getting married!!! I can only attribute such a blessing to the Lord. It’s amazing how Crystal and I met, and it’s been incredible to see how God has worked out so many details along the way. Maybe I can share our story in more detail at a later time (it is quite unique).

We haven’t decided on a date yet, but it looks like our wedding will be in either September or October (we will be making our home here in Powell, OH). It’s going to be quite a whirlwind planning such a mammoth event in four months (but I’ve seen it done before)! This past weekend, we were looking at church and reception possibilities, and we also went shopping for bridesmaids dresses with Crystal’s sister and mom. So much to do!

As I close the final chapter of the Art of Singlehood, I guess I will just say this. If you are single, keep trusting the Lord. His timing is perfect and you never know when the right One is going to come along. Often, it happens when you least expect it. I waited 32 years. You may have to wait longer, or God may have alternately called you to a life long journey of unhindered service as a single person. Regardless of your situation and call, I’m sure your loving Heavenly Father is orchestrating your life in amazing ways. As one lady told my mom, “Sometimes when God works, you have to run to keep up.” You may want to keep those tennis shoes laced up.

The photos above were taken at Kingwood Center in Mansfield, OH. I will try to keep you posted on the details of our wedding plans as they unfold.

Originally published June 2, 2008

2 comments:

TheTorch said...

It was interesting for me to read your blog, as I am a single adult as well. encouraging - to keep my eyes on God. Also helped me to see more of a guys perspective.
So great that you found the one! I would like to read the full story of how you met - the amaing story that you mentioned. So if you have time and still remember how it happened - will look forward to reading it!

Marc Andre said...

Hi there The Torch!

I am just seeing your post! Sorry I never responded. You can read the story about how my wife and I met here:

http://marcandremusic.blogspot.com/2008/10/story-of-marc-crystal.html

God can do miracles!